Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Photo album

I'm fresh out of ideas for a post tonight, except to say that it's 4:45 and still daylight. That's what I call progress!
Decibel the parrot is here with me. She's spending the winter upstairs. Just now I looked, and she has some new flight feathers coming in where she was injured! I call that a win for everything but my ear drums.

A distant cousin of mine snapped this photo of the family farm, probably in the early 1980s. We don't have this much snow here in New Jersey, but it sure feels like it.

Between the weather and the stress of my job, I've been giving reign to flights of fancy about the Fairie Festival at Spoutwood Farm. This is one of my favorite photos from there.

Extra Chair snapped this winsome photo of our new trophy cat, Gamma. The full magnificence of his tail is not revealed here.

With storms and rumors of storms, I went out and stocked up on the really necessary items.

Beta said she was feeling left out, so here she is.
This deity will help you find

This stuff, but you'd better give Him what's due to Him out of your haul.

This was a real store. It got torn down to make room for a freeway. I wonder what happened to Godlove?

And just remember ... when life gets you down, there's always someone worse off than you.









5 comments:

Lucretia said...

Gamma is beautiful! EC took a great picture. :-)

And (no offense) I thank the Bored Gods every day that I DO NOT live in New York or another East Coast city...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Great photos! Gamma's got quite the caboose on him too. And still drinking that Tab, I see.

Unknown said...

Did you get another snow day? My campus was closed until noon. I'm in central PA. It's practically a snow globe LOL!

Anne Johnson said...

We got two delayed opening days in a row. They are WONDERFUL. School starts at 9:30 and ends at 2:30, and it counts as a full day. Win. Win. Win.

yellowdoggranny said...

oh the cats..I love the cats..