Friday, October 07, 2011

Interview with an Angel: Moroni

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," where we will be blissfully brief today! My name is Anne, and in the interests of our First Amendment rights under the U.S. Constitution, I have -- against every shred of better judgment -- allowed the Angel Moroni, of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, into my house for an interview.

Which is more hospitality than I've ever offered Moroni's sad-sack missionaries who all look so ... pinched.

I'll make this brief.

Anne: Moroni, your praise and worship team is truly a latter-day sect. If fundamentalist Dominionists were to legislate religion, it probably wouldn't go well for Mormons.

Moroni: I agree.

Anne: Dismissed.

Congress shall make no law regarding the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

--Bill of Rights, First Amendment, Constitution of the United States of America.

2 comments:

Katiedidtoo said...

Hi Anne! Long time reader, first time poster. I just wanted to applaud your Moroni post on a pagan blog and let you know that I appreciate your ability to see many sides. Mormonism may be way out there, but who are we to say?! We are pagans! It means we believe in the many names and faces of god.

Moma Fauna said...

Yay! That was awesome (& just enough). I was raised in Utah, but not as a Latter-Day. After spending many years with a frothing disdain, I've come to appreciate the quirky kindness of the Saints. They are as much "in the crosshairs" as we are during this demented prayer siege, so there is this teeny-tiny part of me that feels a certain, um, kinship? Well ok, that might be taking it a bit far, but I think you know what I mean. ;)