Friday, March 26, 2010

Shout Out for a "Gods Are Bored" Flash Mob!

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored!" And welcome back, Follower #78! Couldn't live without me, could ya?

Next week will bring April 1. And that means only 29 days until the annual Fairie Festival at Spoutwood Farm!

The Fairie Festival in Glen Rock, PA is a kid-friendly, farm-friendly, three-day love fest for faeries and their human fans. There's entertainment, good food, activities for the tots, vendors, and -- for those of us who love the bored gods -- the affable companionship of like-minded Pagans. Although the festival tries to be secular, its true nature is revealed both within the venue (thinly disguised Rituals led by a Bard) and without (loud protests by local Christian fundamentalists).

After attending the festival a few times, I was asked to lead the Mountain Tribe. This is quite an honor for me, since my heart will always reside in Appalachia, on this side of the veil and the other side too.

Last year I met some "Gods Are Bored" fans at the festival. And oh, it did warm my heart! So now I'm trying to extend that warmth even further.

Over the next three weeks I'll be encouraging you to join the Mountain Tribe at the Spoutwood Fairie Festival.

Let it never be said that I am overly demanding. My friend in South Africa needn't book a flight. Nor am I issuing a royal call to my buddy Down Under.

However, if you live in the Baltimore/Washington metro area, or in the lower half of New Jersey, or out about Pittsburgh, I do wish you would join my Tribe and help us welcome in the May! It's not often that May Day falls on a Saturday. This year it does. Come and dance with me, many wonders to see!

5 comments:

Maebius said...

I can say (with literal truth in this case) that my family will be there, with bells on. :)
Kubiando!

Dancing With Fey said...

I would love to come. Unfortunately, I have neither the time or the money to travel from Portland OR to the festival. :(

Oh well. Maybe sometime in the distant future I'll be able to meander on over there...

Aquila ka Hecate said...

I really wish I could get there.
But right around that time we'll be holding a similar, if smaller festival - Pagan Freedom Day!
That's quite apart from the pesky fact of me living on another continent.
Love,
Terri in Joburg

Gruvkitty said...

Sounds wonderful! Wish we could join you!

Anonymous said...

My mother & I will be there on Sunday. Sadly we can't make it on Saturday due to a family committment (don't these people know I have a religious festivale to go to!)

~Illisse

See you there! Mountain Tribe Rocks!