Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas Contest Continues!

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," where silence is golden and leafblowers are compost! Give me a break. I mean, a rake!

Warm and hearty congratulations to Sageweb, winner of our first weekly Christmas contest! Sage won herself a hopelessly tangled string of Christmas lights, and I'm sure she'll find plenty of uses for it!

This week we have another fabulous prize for a commenter drawn at random from the chat chart between now and Black Friday. You will win....


Yes, readers! Look upon them and weep! Rainbow-hued candy canes by SweetTarts, radiating all the colors of Mardi Gras just in time for Christmas! You get the whole box, still in its cellophane wrapper, because I am not the slightest big interested in tasting one of these.

But maybe you are! Maybe you decorate your house with bold, summery colors during the Yuletide season! Or perhaps you have a tot who has bellowed for a box of these every time you've gone to the grocery store since September. Take a chance! Think how your child's eyes will light up (and teeth will rot within) when you dole these confections out.

Increase your holiday cheer by leaps and bounds by entering our Great "Gods Are Bored" Christmas giveaway now! Just leave a comment, and if you don't have a link, leave your email. And then plan how you will use these Day-glo candy canes in a tasteful and appropriate manner when they arrive at your doorstep! Good luck!

9 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

How could I resist!

miakoda said...

Oh, yes, please!

anita said...

I passed on the lights (mostly because I already have plenty of tangled light strings . . . ), but these are just too much. And I'll bet my goats would love 'em, too!

yellowdoggranny said...

I'm a diabetic no candy for me..but they would look cute on babs tree which as gold balls, blue balls and pink and purple balls..

yellowdoggranny said...

ps..sorry about your team.

Alex Pendragon said...

I would have left a comment, but having been threatened with hyperglycemia, I've decided to keep mum.

Oh crap.......

I was NEVER here!

BBC said...

I don't do christmas in anyway shape or form. Christmas just pretty much irritates the hell out of me.

Anne Johnson said...

At the end of the week we will take a vote to see if my readership wants these candy canes to be sent to BBC.

sageweb said...

Sweet tart candy canes...who woulda thunk that was possible?