Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Daughter The Who






Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," and merry meet! We have an exciting time here in Whoville. We like the Grinch better when he's mean. He's more interesting that way. Any old Who can carve roast beast. We wanna see someone steal Christmas!


For those of you just joining us, a brief explanation: At "The Gods Are Bored," I call my daughters The Heir and The Spare. This is because I once saw a documentary on Princess Diana, and some snarky commentator said, "It doesn't matter that Diana is dead. She produced an heir and a spare, and that's all that royalty is expected to do."

Wow. Isn't that the coldest thing you've ever read? So of course it appealed to me when trying to protect my daughters' identites.

The Spare just finished performing Seussical Jr. with her Middle School drama club. And what a production! It was splendid. So this post is dedicated to her.

Here's a piece of trivia for you: I once wrote an encyclopedia entry about Dr. Seuss. It took him a solid year to write The Cat in the Hat. Here's another trivia: His college professors told him to find a different profession, he'd never be an illustrator.

Dear Spare:

Oh the thinks I can think
When I drink in your wink
And you caper and blink
And my cheeks turn all pink!


Your style and your smile
Drain the Grinch of his bile
Like a tile on the Nile
You delight all the while!

The Sneetch is all frazzled
And Horton's bedazzled
Because, my dear you
You're a fabulous Who!

FROM MOM
Who Knew?


4 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

yeah, for the spare..and yeah for your poem...u both rock...

Big Tex said...

Yes, the poem does indeed rock. And now for some reason, I have a sudden craving for green eggs and ham. :-) But I have to tell you, when you brought up Whoville and the Grinch, for just a moment I feared that Cindy Jacobs had tied them into the occult too, somehow. If she hasn't yet, I imagine it's just a matter of time before she gets to Seuss.

Interesting side note: I was watching a Barack Obama video on You Tube a few days ago, from one of his campaign stops prior to the vote here in Texas. I think he was in Austin, on the stage with the guys from Asleep at the Wheel, and he did the "hook 'em" sign a couple of times. I kid you not, something like half of the comments for that video were people claiming that this proved that Obama was either a devil worshipper, or that he was a member of the Illuminati and that he was sending out secret signals with his hands. Cindy Jacobs is a malicious nutcase, but as bad as she is, she's just a symptom of the disease we should be fighting, not the disease itself.

Alex Pendragon said...

That made me want to cry.....in a GOOD way!

Mine are the Good and Evil twins, and they trade places on a regular basis, but are equal in my heart.

She has a great Mom, whether she knows it or not.

Tequila Mockingbird said...

i never really fully understood the magnitude of suessisms until i started smoking weed in college. it all came together then in all of its infinite wisdom.