Wednesday, August 08, 2007

In Which I Officially Join The Smart Set


Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored!" If you know us, you know we've been publishing posh prose since 2005. Even so, today is a banner day.

In the launch edition of a new online magazine called The Smart Set, you will find, among the articles, a story about the Scopes Monkey Trial by Anne Johnson. So today I'd love it if you stroll on over there and check out my old chum John T. Scopes and his little problem with teaching evolution.

Since you're one of my singularly intellectual readers, you'll no doubt know that the original Smart Set magazine was a forum for H. L. Mencken, who became its co-editor with George Jean Nathan in 1914.
The new online product retains the feel of that clever, hip monthly, and I am intensely proud to be part of its launch. I hope to write more for it in the future, if Mencken's successor will have me.

2 comments:

Tennessee Jed said...

Anne you are definitely a member of the Smart Set being one of the most intelligent folks I have had the pleasure of reading.

buddydon said...

amen, jed. that articull is loded with fun stuff. this heres my favert:

"Darrow: What do you think?

Bryan: I do not think about the things I don’t think about.

Darrow: Do you think about things you do think about?

Bryan: Well, sometimes."

show mr bryan has but one up no a lot of them that doubts evolushun.