Thursday, June 21, 2007

What You Hear on the Radio


Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored" on Summer Solstice 2007! Get out your drum, light your bonfire, and have a TaB and a smile!


I'm driving home from the last day of school, and it's getting close to 2:06, the official beginning of summer. Lo and behold I hear on the radio:

"More than 20,000 Druids greeted the Summer Solstice at Stonehenge, even though the sun didn't cooperate. Through clouds and fog the crowd celebrated: Druids, hippies, and Pagans..."

This coming from a news radio four time zones from Stonehenge.

I don't know about you, reader, but I count that as a fine bit of publicity for the Old Time Religions!

As for the hippies, well, all hail hippies! We at "The Gods Are Bored" never argue with sex, drugs, and rock n roll.

Summer's here and the time is right for dancin in the street!

For my good friends in the other hemisphere, get ready, your sun's a-comin' home.

Beannachd leat,
ANNE
THE MERLIN OF BERKELEY SPRINGS

Labels:

2 Comments:

At June 21, 2007 , Blogger Nettle said...

I heard this too! My husband and I both cheered to hear the words "20,00 0 druids, hippies and pagans" on MSNBC. Being druids, hippies and pagans ourselves, we're not used to being mentioned on the news.

Happy Solstice!

 
At June 22, 2007 , Anonymous mama kelly said...

ah to have been there, even if the sun didn't shine

Blessings
Joyous Solstice

Mama Kelly

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home