Thursday, June 01, 2006

Quarantine Wal-Mart


Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," your official home of the amazing Eyeball Vulture! Remember, vultures have been revered by many cultures, from ancient Egypt to pre-Catholic California. So we here at "The Gods Are Bored" don't have many co-worshippers now, but we would have been on solid ground 4000 years ago!

Tomorrow a group called Jobs with Justice will hold a "Quarantine Wal-Mart" action. In keeping with my vow to help organized labor, I will attend. I will not shout at patrons of Wal-Mart. I will leave if others do. The target should be the few at the top of Wal-Mart, growing fat on low-cost labor all over the globe.

Today it is impossible to concentrate here. Cy (artist above) and The Heir (my daughter) are downstairs sampling the latest in ultra-weird music. It's time to take a walk.

FROM ANNE
THE MERLIN OF BERKELEY SPRINGS
United We Bargain, Divided We Beg

No comments: