Thursday, November 10, 2005

Seriously. Thunderbirds.

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," officially sanctioned site of Partership for Polytheism, Inc. This site was born when its author heard a speech by an atheist who said, "Think how silly it sounds to say, 'In Zeus We Trust.'"

Well, yeah. Zeus got pink-slipped. So did Ishtar. They have a very difficult time getting health insurance. But that's no reason not to be reverent toward them. The folks who built Babylon and the Parthenon weren't just merry mythmakers.

Every now and then Anne has to go "take the waters" at Berkeley Springs, a very spiritual little town in West Virginia. So the gods will be bored until next Monday.

We're sure glad Sedna got in under the wire.

Time to go see those awesome Thunderbirds. Majesty in flight.

Peace to all,

ANNE
THE MERLIN OF YOU-KNOW-WHERE

3 comments:

EarthCitizen #23 said...

Anne, my mother's side of the family is from West By the Gods Varginia!! and I don't Know about Berkley Springs, I do know it is near Dunbar I think,, tell me more!!
And your mention of the cold,, my grandfather was from Pluto, WV and Grandmother was from Freezeland Mountain,, G-dad buried in the coldest of cold blizzard like conditions,, brrr. But I could live in those deep dark loving woods... I love that state, I don't care what anyone says.
And In Zeus we trust has a good ring to it for me,,, or Pan!! Or Gaia!!

Anonymous said...

It is unfortunate to hear so many lack health insurance. We really need to improve our health care system. Health insurance is a major aspect to many and we should help everyone get covered.

Anne Johnson said...

Amen to that, but don't hold your breath. A country that can produce SUVs and sell them in an era of oil shortages and global warming is clearly not going to produce citizens (or leaders) who act on behalf of public welfare.

Anyway, welcome to "The Gods Are Bored!" You must have wandered in from "Street Prophets," the latest podium for the Delphic Oracle.