Monday, July 25, 2005

A Bipolar Confronts Her Computer

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored!" I suppose the gods are also computer illiterate (excluding Satan, of course ... see below). Pray as I might to the Ancient Ones to keep my computer equipment humming along like a pleasant little beehive, the @#$S#@$# equipment just will not cooperate.

So let us just do the sane thing and attribute Anne's recent scarcity of blogs to "technical difficulties" and "goat judging duties."

Otherwise we might see a vast cosmic conspiracy to keep the real truth about the wonderful Goddess Brighid the Bright from reaching all the poor searching souls out there who want a religion that makes a tiny bit of sense.

The public libraries in this great nation only give you 30 minutes of computer time if someone else is waiting. You wouldn't think 15 people would be waiting to use the computer in the Alpena, Michigan public library, but guess what? There you are.

I'm trying not to see 30 pairs of eyes staring at me, all fundamentalist, Rick Santorum lovers who want bombs, not bambis.

Please keep checking on me. I can't go too long without a computer, so sooner or later I'll pull out the old checkbook and call the guy with glasses who smells like Marlboros and get him to sort out which god is sabotaging my internet. The smart money says Yahweh.

ANNE
THE MERLIN OF BERKELEY SPRINGS

No comments: